The Resource Pyongyang : a journey in North Korea
- Pyongyang : a journey in North Korea
- Title remainder
- a journey in North Korea
- Statement of responsibility
- Guy Delisle ; [translated by Helge Dascher]
- When North Korea recently opened the door a crack to foreign investment, the author found himself in its capital of Pyongyang on a work visa for a French film animation company, becoming one of the few Westerners to witness current conditions in the surreal showcase city. Armed with a smuggled radio and a copy of 1984, the author could only explore Pyongyang and its countryside in the company of his translator and a guide and was able to observe more than was intended of the culture and lives of the few North Koreans he encountered. His astute and wry musings on life in the austere and grim regime form the basis of this remarkable graphic novel. Pyongyang is an informative, personal, and accessible look at an enigmatic country
- Awards note
- American Library Association Young Adult Library Services Association--YALSA--Best Books for Young Adults (2006); American Library Association-YA (2006).
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- LC call number
- LC item number
- P9 2005
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Pyongyang : a journey in North Korea
Embeddable Data (Experimental)
Copy and paste the following HTML fragment to include the corresponding data into your application
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the above code fragment to best match your specific application requirements.
Processing Feedback ...
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Garden City High School Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.